Every one gets lonely sometimes. It is easy to find things that can make us sad but when it comes to finding happiness, we are always having a hard time coming up with one.
Why do people get lonely? Before I finished typing that question, my mind is already flooded with reasons such as:
- Death of loved ones
- Loss of something of value (job, pets, most-priced possessions
- Insecurities and feeling of being alone
The list could go on. It is normal to be lonely every once in a while but If the loneliness takes a hold of your life then that’s a different situation.
We often hear people say the words “I am so depressed.” It is a random expression when one is having a hard time or going through a rough patch but sometimes it is more than an expression, sometimes it really is DEPRESSION. A state wherein every strand of hope is lost and the sense of powerlessness, distraught, uncertainty and confusion heightens.
DEPRESSION is not necessarily a mental disorder. It maybe one’s reaction to a stimuli or a sudden change.
One can fight it by
- focusing or diverting his time and energy in doing something more productive
- seeking advices and support of loved ones
- staying positive and looking on the bright side
- doing things that you love to do.
- praying and seeking guidance from the Lord
But if you feel that loneliness and the feeling of depression does not go away then It wouldn’t hurt to consult doctor about it. Talk to a professional because he can really help you win this battle.
No one needs to face it alone. There are a lot of people who are willing to help.
All you have to do is ask. 🙂