Warning: Do not read this if you are eating. It contains words like blood, fluids, bleeding and whatever.

Many of you knew that I had excisional biopsy done less than 3 weeks ago. And I was relieved that it was over and done and I got the results just last sunday, and it was a good result, it is not cancer. (Thank God) 🙂

So that’s the good news however, earlier this week, I had experienced some pain from my then, dried surgical wound. I started to notice little drops of blood in my shirt. I thought that it was a part of scab that was accidentally scratch, hence, the minor bleeding but yesterday morning I just got home from my 8pm-5am job, I changed the dressing, I noticed that after less than an hour, the dressing is soaked with fluid with a little blood. I still didn’t mind it and just decided to change it again and I sleep. I woke up at noon and surprised to see the dressing soaked in blood. So I called my friend, Karen, and asked her if she can come with me to a nearby hospital. I was supposed to have my checked up that day at 5pm in a different hospital which is an hour away from my place but I couldn’t wait anymore, I was so nervous so we went to a hospital nearby, I was informed that, the bleeding is a complication of the surgery. I was told that somehow after the surgery an internal bleeding which causes hematoma formation in the surgical site. From the outside it seemed dry, but inside tissues are not healed and blood, fluids and whatever stuff is trapped inside which resulted to the tenderness, inflammation and pain. The doctor told me that we’re gonna have to open it up a little bit so that the bodily fluids stuck inside can be pushed out. I was so scared but I have to get it over with so I decided to have that procedure right away.

It was a really painful experience and seeing a lot of blood and fluis didn’t help my nerves. I was sobbing and crying the entire time it was happening. But I’m glad it’s over now and I live to write about it. 🙂

Doctor advised me to take 7 days rest, so now I am at home, with time in my hands. I’m still in pain and still havng a hard time moving my left hand because the pain radiates to it  so I only used my right hand for typing but nonetheless I’m feeling okay now and I hope to feel a lot better this coming days. 🙂


I’ve missed writing, I haven’t written anything for 10 days.